Manage episode 315284285 series 1532519
James Thomson returns to the show to discuss the various technologies that enable us to render custom UIs on Apple’s platforms. From rendering views using Core Graphics and Core Animation, to building completely custom 3D-based UIs using SceneKit and RealityKit.
- MacStadium: The leading provider of cloud solutions built on real Mac hardware. Get started at macstadium.com/sundell.
- Shortcut: A lightweight, yet powerful project management tool built specifically for software development teams. Try Shortcut for free for two months by going to shortcut.com/sundell.
- Dice by PCalc
- The previous episode with James
- Applying rounded corners to a UIKit or SwiftUI view
- Creating a custom SwiftUI ButtonStyle
- Core Graphics
- Core Animation
- Core Image
- Using Core Animation’s replicator layers
- Using SpriteKit for custom animations
- Unreal Engine
- Ray tracing
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk