Building furniture using Svelte with Bert Bengtson
Manage episode 358166625 series 2701962
Vercel is the platform for frontend developers, providing the speed and reliability innovators need to create at the moment of inspiration. Founded by the creators of Next.js, Vercel has zero configuration support for 35+ frontend frameworks, including SvelteKit. We enable the world’s largest brands like Under Armour, eBay, and Nintendo, to iterate faster and create quality software. Try out Vercel today to experience the easiest way to use Svelte.
We sit down with Bert Bengtson, known for his wacky and very awesome Svelte Summit talks. Surely you must remember the desk chair talk? Or the most recent one where he runs around a room full of Svelte developers? Tune in for an awesome episode!
Intro music by Braden Wiggins a.k.a. Fractal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ashley Furniture
- How did you end up using Svelte?
- Why Modals are Hard https://gist.github.com/ryanflorence/fd7e987c832cc4efaa56
- Antony’s example at Beyonk (click Send enquiry)
- Dialog element https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/dialog
- https://open-ui.org/ - Dialog | Open UI (open-ui.org)
- Bookit https://bookit.leveluptutorials.com/
- Histoire: https://histoire.dev/
- Storybook https://storybook.js.org/
- Svelte Summit Talks
- SvelteKit - vitest
- That conf: https://that.us/
- Bert: Styling using semantic aria is the goat!
- Brittney: Remix will NOT go all in on Web Components
- Austin crim: remix talk - Svemix? Re-svmix? Re-svelte?: Bringing Svelte to Remix Router: https://youtu.be/A8jkJTWacow?t=11096
- Antony: Twitter/Reddit Bookmarks are the worst implemented feature ever - use Pocket
- Kev: Nostr and Svelte French Toast
- Nostr Protocol - https://github.com/nostr-protocol/nostr
- Bert: Hypno Space Outlaw
- Swyx: Fave New Podcasts of 2022
- Antony: I’m a Computer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE