Manage episode 328128136 series 2900817
Although it has been 36 years since the famous FBI Miami Firefight, there are many lessons to be learned from that event. Professor Paul just finished reading a book by one of the participants, Ed Mireles. We will take some time to consider what we can learn.
We have a Duracoat “Finished Firearms” segment. This week we consider not just the coating but employing the rifles that we have finished. Is the 7.62 NATO cartridge too powerful for close quarters use?
During our Brownells Bullet Points we will consider the rimfire ammunition that they have on sale, but we also ponder whether or not rimfire ammunition is appropriate for self-defense. Also, we have an SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters. The “media” thinks shooting home invaders is a bad thing. What does the Sheriff of Santa Rosa County, FL have to say?
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:01:55] Keep your eyes on a swivel
- [0:10:41] DuraCoat Finished Firearms - DuraCoat University
- TOPIC: What truly constitutes “heavy recoil”?Professor considered Duracoated AK and the FAL
- Thank you to those who participated in the Birthday Bash
- HAVE YOU RESERVED YOUR SEAT TO THE PRECISION RIFLE COURSE? SHOPSOTG.com
- Huge thanks to our Partners:SDS Imports | Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | Hi-Point Firearms
- [0:36:15] Brownells Bullet Points - Brownells.com
- TOPIC: What truly constitutes "heavy recoil"?
- [0:48:32] SOTG Homeroom - CrossbreedHolsters.com
- TOPIC: Media Attacks Sheriff Who Advocates Shooting Home Invaders www.ammoland.com
- [0:58:40] Lessons Learned: FBI Miami Shootout https://amzn.to/3LU9IQb
- Any person who calls themselves and Small Arms & Tactics Instructor needs to read this book
FEATURING: Ammoland, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
Santa Rosa County (Florida) Sheriff Bob Johnson describes himself as a cop, not a politician. He certainly has the résumé.
Johnson started at the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office in 1993. He has served on the department’s SWAT team for 20 years, worked as a major crimes detective, supervised the narcotics unit, worked as both a DARE and a school resource deputy, supervised the juvenile unit, served as a patrol deputy, corporal, sergeant and watch commander, worked in Internal Affairs, commanded the criminal investigations division, oversaw the department’s vehicle fleet, served as the department’s PIO, and was finally appointed Chief Deputy – where he oversaw all aspects of the department.
Johnson was first elected sheriff in 2016 and ran unopposed in 2020 – the first time in the county’s history a sheriff has ever run unopposed for reelection.