Manage episode 294412015 series 2540490
Chuck Klosterman reads an excerpt from "Raised in Captivity: Fictional Nonfiction," backed by an original Storybound remix with Portico Quartet, and sound design and arrangement by Jude Brewer.
Chuck Klosterman is an author and essayist. He's written eight books of nonfiction, including "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs," and two novels ("Downtown Owl" and "The Invisible Man"). He has written for publications like The New York Times and The Washington Post, was the Ethicist for The New York Times Magazine for three years, and was an original founder of the website Grantland with Bill Simmons. "Raised in Captivity" is his newest work of "Fictional Nonfiction."
Portico Quartet has created their own singular, cinematic sound over the course of six studio albums since 2007. Their debut album "Knee-Deep in the North Sea" was nominated for a Mercury Prize and was Time Out's Jazz, Folk, and World album of the year 2007. Their newest album "Terrain" is out now.
Support Storybound by supporting our sponsors:
- Home. Made. is a podcast hosted by Stephanie Foo that explores the meaning of home and what it can teach us about ourselves and each other. Listen to Home. Made. wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Norton brings you Michael Lewis' The Premonition: A Pandemic Story, a nonfiction thriller that pits a band of medical visionaries against a wall of ignorance as the COVID-19 pandemic looms.
- Scribd combines the latest technology with the best human minds to recommend content that you'll love. Go to try.scribd.com/storybound to get 60 days of Scribd for free.
- Finding You is an inspirational romantic drama full of heart and humor about finding the strength to be true to oneself. Now playing only in theaters.
- Acorn.tv is the largest commercial free British streaming service with hundreds of exclusive shows from around the world. Try acorn.tv for free for 30 days by going to acorn.tv and using promo code storybound.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices