Manage episode 331569308 series 2484075
Low country cuisine of the Georgia coast and South Carolina low country is similar to Cajun cooking and the food of New Orleans... It is strongly influenced by African cuisine. We had the chance to sit down with Executive Chef Matthew Chaplin of Florence’s Lowcountry Kitchen in Charleston, SC to hear more about the seafood, rice, and one pot meals that make this food special.
About Chef Matthew Chaplin: A Charleston native who attended the Culinary Institute of Charleston, Chef Matthew’s extensive skill set expands the culinary spectrum. He uses his southern cuisine expertise to enhance Florence’s already mouthwatering menu of Lowcountry classics with a twist for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch, ranging from Fried Chicken & Pancakes to Shrimp & Grits, and Jambalaya. A humble, yet passionate chef, he was a delight to speak with and an even greater delight to dine with! His food speaks for itself. Go see him at Florence's Lowcountry Kitchen in Charleston, SC. https://www.florenceskitchen.com
Products mentioned in this episode:
- She Crab Soup Mix: https://www.florenceskitchen.com/product-page/can-of-she-crab-soup-mix
- Florence's Famous Hot Sauce: https://www.florenceskitchen.com/product-page/florences-famous-hot-sauce
Want to connect?
- Join our Patreon Community of supporters for a Southern Sister Chat BONUS episode, perks and SWAG: https://www.patreon.com/steelmagnolias
- Sign up for our mailing list: https://mailchi.mp/e3cef217a5e7/sweetnews
- Instagram @SteelMagnoliasPodcast