Manage episode 351576829 series 1451365
Today was the first trading day of the new year. So for this week's Stansberry Investor Hour episode, we thought it'd only be fitting to kick off 2023 with our fourth annual "Top 10 Potential Surprises" for investors.
Dan Ferris teams up with co-host Corey McLaughlin to bring you this year's list. Keeping with Dan's favorite adage of "Prepare, don't predict," these 10 surprises aren't predictions... They're possible events investors are unprepared for, based on current market conditions.
We won't spoil the surprises. But just to give you an idea, you'll hear about...
- A bullish trend in two assets (including one Dan has never been a fan of)
- A commonly held view of today's bear market (and why it's a mistake)
- A specter of the 2021 stock market's most infamous names (and what it portends)
- A "blistering" market event (one that's guaranteed to "shock the hell out of everyone")
- A repeat of history (and an event Dan says is his "pet surprise" that he'll always have on his Top 10 list)
Dan and Corey also ask each other the show-standard "Final Question," as today's special episode doesn't feature a guest (we'll return to our normal format next week). Plus, Dan reveals his four tips on how to best prepare for all that 2023 could unleash.