Manage episode 307601105 series 61324
“It’s that important. It’s like, basically you approach recovery as if it’s like your most important workout of the week, but you do it everyday, probably,” says Nicole Mericle.
Spartan Up Endurance Series host, Johnny Waite, talks with Nicole Mericle about her recovery from tearing her ACL, and how we can find the mindset to recover and come back better than before. In this episode you’ll learn about…
- Focusing on what you can control yourself during each step of recovery
- Approaching recovery the same way as training, and how athletes need to treat recovery more importantly than their workouts
- Learning from previous and current injuries
- Having the necessary support and reinforcement from those around you during recovery
- The obstacles you think are the easiest are the ones you’re more likely to get hurt on
Nicole Mericle is an OCR and Spartan legend, 2019 Spartan Race World Champion, and founder of OCR Dream Team, Elevating women in OCR.
You can follow her on Instagram: @nickeldm
And check out her website for the Dream Team: www.ocrdreamteam.com
This episode is brought to you by CLMBR and Fitaid
CLMBR provides a full body strength + cardio workout with zero impact. Get an efficient workout in only 30min with CLMBR, the most advanced vertical climber ever! Visit https://clmbr.com/ and use the code SPARTAN for $250 off a CLMBR.
Race dirty, recover clean with FITAID Sports Recovery Drink. Visit https://www.lifeaidbevco.com/ and enter code SPARTAN30 at checkout to get EXCLUSIVE early access to FITAID’s Black Friday 30% off sale. That’s 30% off EVERYTHING. Enjoy that post race reward anytime by visiting lifeaidbevco.com and coupon code SPARTAN30 for 30% plus fast, free shipping.
Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/SpartanUpShow
FOLLOW SPARTAN UP:
Spartan Up on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/spartanuppodcast/
Spartan Up on Twitter https://twitter.com/SpartanUpPod
Producer: Lake Watters
Hosts: Johnny Waite
Sr Producer: Marion Abrams
© 2021 Spartan