Manage episode 363534755 series 2391367
It was a chilly February morning in 1896 when Johnny Hewling, a young farm worker, made a grisly discovery on the land of his employer, John Locke, near Ft. Thomas, Kentucky. Hewling had stumbled upon the remains of a woman who had been decapitated, and her head was nowhere to be found. The police were called in to investigate, and they soon discovered the identity of the victim, a young woman named Pearl Bryan. Over the following year, Pearl's murder and the subsequent trial of her killers captivated the nation's media-- a story that continues to be told to this very day.
Connect with Southern Gothic Media:
- Become a Patreon Supporter
- Join our New Facebook Group!
- Website: SouthernGothicMedia.com
- Merch Store: https://www.southerngothicmedia.com/merch
- Pinterest: @SouthernGothicMedia
- Facebook: @SouthernGothicMedia
- Instagram: @SouthernGothicMedia
- Twitter: @SoGoPodcast
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices