Manage episode 325661612 series 2438259
This week we discuss the legacy of Puppet, Private Equity acquisitions and a few thoughts on Cloud Migrations. Plus, the five types of All Hands meetings…
- Perforce to acquire infrastructure as code pioneer Puppet
- The PE Yo-Yo
- How big could the cloud get? Part 1
Relevant to your Interests
- Introducing global endpoints for Amazon EventBridge
- Exclusive: Two key tech execs quit Truth Social after troubled app launch
- Trump's Social Media Site Quietly Admits It's Based on Mastodon
- Epic and Lego partner to build a metaverse for kids
- What the New TV Shows About Start-Up Grift Still Don’t Get
- Are Microsoft’s days as the ‘friendly’ tech giant over? – POLITICO
- The Great Atlassian outage enters a new week
- Silverfort nabs $65M with a ‘holistic’ approach to protecting ID management across IT silos and legacy systems
- Activision Blizzard appoints new diversity officer
- ngrok - secure introspectable tunnels to localhost
- Neurodiverse Candidates Find Niche in Remote Cybersecurity Jobs
- How do you know when a business leads with technology?
- CEO Andy Jassy’s 2021 Letter to Shareholders
- Kubernetes Crosses the Chasm, and Other Lessons from the 2021 CNCF Survey
- USB-C hubs and my slow descent into madness - Dennis Schubert
- CNN+ draws fewer than 10,000 daily viewers: report
- The Origins of the Dutch Angle
- Drata — Put Security and Compliance on Autopilot: https://drata.com/partner/SDT
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL,, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- Spring Tour Chicago, April 26th to 27th.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022:, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- MongoDB World 2022, June 7-9th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Matt: Memory Palace: Combinations
- Brandon: Chris Dixon thinks web3 is the future of the internet — is it?