Manage episode 323679377 series 2438259
This week we discuss how the software supply chain impacts business continuity and analyze the latest attempt to disrupt Microsoft Excel. Plus, some thoughts on bread heels….
- On the weaponisation of open source
- Hacker Group Claims Access to User Authentication Firm Okta
- The tyranny of Microsoft Excel may finally be over
Relevant to your Interests
- Website Builder Webflow Hits $4 Billion Valuation As It Nears $100 Million Revenue
- Amazon Closes $8.5 Billion Acquisition of MGM
- BIG sabotage: Famous npm package deletes files to protest Ukraine war
- DeepMind's New AI: As Smart As An Engineer... Kind Of!
- Netflix CEO Says Account Sharing Is OK – TechCrunch
- About Netflix - Paying to Share Netflix Outside Your Household
- CURL is now 24
- Software is no longer sold; it's adopted
- Grafana Labs, raised $220 million in Series C
- Coatue-Backed Grafana Seeks Funds at $5 Billion-Plus Value
- Cribl raises $200M to help enterprises do more with their data
- Elon Musk's SpaceX has activated more than 5,000 Starlink internet terminals in Ukraine, report says
- The UK May Build a £16 Billion Solar Power Station in Space. Here’s How It Would Work
- Harness Expands Software Delivery Platform With Acquisition of ChaosNative and Launches Two New Modules to Help Developers Rapidly Deliver Resilient, Reliable, Secure Software
- Harness moves into chaos engineering with ChaosNative acquisition
- Apple hit with a widespread service outage
- SSH and Git, meet 1Password
- Twilio launches Flex Conversations, a unified chat API for contact centers
- Ford's F-150 Lightning will offer an EPA-rated 320 miles of range
- NVIDIA Introduces Grace CPU Superchip
- Long-Enduring COBOL May Still Have A Shelf Life
- RapidAPI Raises $150M Series D Led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 to Empower Developers to Innovate and Build Software Faster with APIs
- The Ubuntu Application
- COBOL modernization startup CloudFrame bags $7M Series A funding
- Updated Okta Statement on LAPSUS$
- Clocking in at $2.3 billion in losses, Business Email Compromise remains the elephant in the room.
- Google's McLaren sponsorship puts the Android robot and Chrome wheels on its 2022 F1 car
- Plain Text Sports
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- Postlight — Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast: https://postlight.com/podcast
- Traceroute — The Podcast for digital pioneers: https://origins.dev/
- .Net Beyond conference, March 30–31, 2022, online.
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL,, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- Spring Tour Chicago, April 26th to 27th.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022:, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- MongoDB World 2022, June 7-9th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Coté: The Confidential Agent, **Graham Greene.
- Matt: Secrets of The Bullshark
- Brandon: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Traceroute: Traceroute — The Podcast for digital pioneers.
- Postlight: Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast.
- strongDM: Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT.