Manage episode 329745845 series 2812875
A browser extension bug let malicious websites spy on webcams, hackers threaten the global food supply chain, and Michael Fish (not that one...) hacked into his female classmates' online accounts, hunting for nude photos and videos.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/276 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mark Stockley.
- GoodAccess: GoodAccess - Free Business Cloud VPN for up to 100 Users. Get a cloud VPN with strong network encryption and unprecedented online threat protection. No hardware. 100% free. Just create your team and enjoy GoodAccess forever.
- Kolide: At Kolide, we believe the supposedly Average Person is the key to unlocking a new class of security detection, compliance, and threat remediation. So do the hundreds of organizations that send important security notifications to employees from Kolide’s Slack app. Collectively, we know that organizations can dramatically lower the actual risks they will likely face with a structured, message-based approach. More importantly, they’ll be able to engage end-users to fix nuanced problems that can’t be automated. Try Kolide Free for 14 Days; no credit card required.
- Rumble: Rumble, made by the creator of Metasploit, finds many devices connected to your network that other solutions miss, including orphaned machines running outdated operating systems. It can even tell you which machines are missing endpoint protection, from your local network to the cloud. Sign up for a free trial and build your asset inventory in minutes. Get your trial at rumble.run
- Vote for your favourite cybersecurity podcast in the European Security Blogger Awards!
- Michael Fish (the weatherman) — Wikipedia.
- "I wish I wish Michael Fish" by Rachel & Nicki — YouTube.
- "John Kettley (Is A Weatherman)" by The Tribe of Toffs — YouTube.
- Albany Man Sentenced to 111 Months for Stealing Nude Photos of Numerous Victims and Possessing Child Pornography — Department of Justice.
- Hijacking webcams with Screencastify — Almost Secure.
- Cyber security: Global food supply chain at risk from malicious hackers — BBC News.
- 4 Predictions for Food and Agriculture in 2022 — Food Logistics
- Risks of using AI to grow our food are substantial and must not be ignored, warn researchers — University of Cambridge.
- With food prices continuing to climb, UN warns of crippling global shortages — NPR.
- OutHorse Your Email.
- Solitary Bee Nesting Equipment — Mason Bees.
- Limelight — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)