Manage episode 328200663 series 2812875
Clearview AI receives something of a slap in the face, and who is wrestling over an internet wormhole?
And don't miss our featured interview with Artur Kane of GoodAccess.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/274 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Artur Kane.
- GoodAccess: GoodAccess - Free Business Cloud VPN for up to 100 Users. Get a cloud VPN with strong network encryption and unprecedented online threat protection. No hardware. 100% free. Just create your team and enjoy GoodAccess forever.
- Rumble: Rumble, made by the creator of Metasploit, finds many devices connected to your network that other solutions miss, including orphaned machines running outdated operating systems. It can even tell you which machines are missing endpoint protection, from your local network to the cloud. Sign up for a free trial and build your asset inventory in minutes. Get your trial at rumble.run
- Kolide: At Kolide, we believe the supposedly Average Person is the key to unlocking a new class of security detection, compliance, and threat remediation. So do the hundreds of organizations that send important security notifications to employees from Kolide’s Slack app. Collectively, we know that organizations can dramatically lower the actual risks they will likely face with a structured, message-based approach. More importantly, they’ll be able to engage end-users to fix nuanced problems that can’t be automated. Try Kolide Free for 14 Days; no credit card required.
- Carl Sagan - Cosmos - Space Travel — YouTube.
- 'Tired' Carl Sagan Fan Sells Wormhole.com to Crypto Giant Jump for $50K After Lawsuit — Decrypt.
- ACLU vs Clearview AI — American Civil Liberties Union.
- Clearview AI Offered Free Trials To Police Around The World — Buzzfeed News.
- US State Privacy Legislation Tracker — IAPP.
- The Secretive Company That Might End Privacy as We Know It — The New York Times.
- In Big Win, Settlement Ensures Clearview AI Complies With Groundbreaking Illinois Biometric Privacy Law — American Civil Liberties Union
- OwlKitty — YouTube.
- Review: The Balldo Made Me Rethink Sex in the Most Absurd Way Possible — Wired.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)