Manage episode 323569468 series 1708763
A Russian bank tells its customers to stop installing security updates, an Apple employee ends up in hot water, and learn our tips to avoid being virtually kidnapped.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/267 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Anna Brading.
- Kolide: At Kolide, we believe the supposedly Average Person is the key to unlocking a new class of security detection, compliance, and threat remediation. So do the hundreds of organizations that send important security notifications to employees from Kolide’s Slack app. Collectively, we know that organizations can dramatically lower the actual risks they will likely face with a structured, message-based approach. More importantly, they’ll be able to engage end-users to fix nuanced problems that can’t be automated. Try Kolide Free for 14 Days; no credit card required.
- Drata: Is your organization finding it difficult to achieve compliance and scale its security posture? As G2’s highest rated cloud compliance software, Drata streamlines your SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR & HIPAA compliance and provides 24-hour continuous control monitoring so you focus on scaling securely. Drata is also the only compliance automation platform with a private tenant database. That’s like having your cake and securing it too Countless security professionals from companies including Notion, FullStory, & BambooHR have shared how crucial it has been to have Drata as a trusted partner in the compliance process. Listeners of Smashing Security can get 10% off Drata and waived implementation fees at smashingsecurity.com/drata
- Smashing Security 263: Problèmes de Weefeee, AI artists, and Web 3.0 — In which Mark Stockley discusses the NFT he created in Smashing Security's honour.
- Graham or Carole? - Untitled Collection #173407394 — OpenSea.
- Mark Stockley reveals the Smashing Security NFT is being resold... for $3 million — Twitter.
- Секрет Шехерезады. Яхта Путина за 75 000 000 000 ₽ — YouTube (best watched with the subtitles on...)
- ‘Mysterious’: the $700m superyacht in Italy some say belongs to Putin — The Guardian.
- "The road from Moscow to Kyiv passes through Belgravia" — Video from Led By Donkeys, posted on Twitter.
- Burger King owner says operator in Russia refuses to shut shops — The Guardian.
- Pitcairn Islands relays most spam per person, reveals Sophos — Sophos.
- Pitcairn spam haven, North Korea definitely isn't — The Guardian.
- Sabotage: Code added to popular NPM package wiped files in Russia and Belarus — Ars Technica.
- Activists are targeting Russians with open-source "protestware" — MIT Technology Review.
- After ‘protestware’ attacks, a Russian bank has advised clients to stop updating software — The Verge.
- Irish petrol station offers 24-7 laundry service — Petrol Plaza.
- Clip from Mel Gibson movie "ransom", starring Mel Gibson — YouTube.
- FBI warns of ‘virtual kidnapping’ scheme executed on Miami couple — Local 10.
- FBI Chicago Warns Public About Virtual Kidnapping Scams — FBI.
- Former Employee Charged With Defrauding Apple, Money Laundering, And Tax Crimes — Department of Justice.
- U.S. charges former Apple buyer with defrauding more than $10 million from company — Reuters.
- Mandy — BBC iPlayer.
- Diane Morgan as Mandy — YouTube.
- Heardle — The daily musical intros game.
- Color wheel, a color palette generator — Adobe Color.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)