Manage episode 318674243 series 1708763
Wordle - good or bad for the world? Whatever your opinion, at least someone wants to spoil players' fun. Meanwhile, we take a look at the threat mobile phones can pose to your mental health.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/259 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- 1Password: Secure online payments and grow your business with Brex and 1Password. Brex and 1Password have partnered to make online payments secure and frictionless. 1Password customers can now use Brex virtual credit cards to check out online with just two clicks. 1Password's integration with Brex is available right now to 1Password Teams and Business customers based in the United States. Learn more at smashingsecurity.com/brex
- Thinkst: Most companies discover they’ve been breached way too late. Thinkst Canary fixes this: just 3 minutes of setup; no ongoing overhead; nearly 0 false positives, and you can detect attackers long before they dig in. Go to canary.tools to find out why its Physical, VM and Cloud Based Canaries are deployed and loved on all 7 continents... Listeners who mail in referencing Smashing Security get a 10% discount on their order!
- Uptycs: Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface. Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem. Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping. Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform. Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
- Wordle - A daily word game.
- Friend of the show Mark Stockley bragging about his Wordle play — Twitter.
- Wordle Accessibility — Generates descriptive text for your Wordle result.
- Twitter suspends Wordle-ruining bot — The Verge.
- Screen Time: How to make peace with your devices and find your techquilibrium — Book by Becca Cady.
- 2022 Cell Phone Usage Statistics: How Obsessed Are We? — Reviews.org.
- Is Your Phone Affecting Your Mental Health? — Butler Hospital.
- The people deciding to ditch their smartphones — BBC News.
- No place is sacred: Addicted Americans use cell phones at weddings, funerals, on the toilet! — Study Finds.
- Is Your Mobile Phone Use Bad for Your Mental Health? — Mental Health.
- From low sense of control to problematic smartphone use severity during Covid-19 outbreak: The mediating role of fear of missing out and the moderating role of repetitive negative thinking — PLOS.
- Ten ways to take control of your smartphone — The Guardian.
- It's A Knockout 1973, Heat 4 - Ely Vs Hertford — YouTube.
- It's a Royal Knockout, 1987 — YouTube.
- The Grand Knockout Tournament — Wikipedia.
- Embarrassing 80's - Royal It's a Knockout — YouTube.
- 'Brand New Cherry Flavor' Review: Dark New Netflix Show Gets Gross — Variety.
- Brand New Cherry Flavor — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff