Manage episode 287010269 series 1943363
The Covid-19 pandemic has made the long-looming presence of China on the global stage a personal matter for all Americans. This is one of many claims that columnist Josh Rogin makes in his new book on U.S.-China relations, Chaos Under Heaven: Trump, Xi, and the Battle for the 21st Century. He joins Michael Isikoff and Dan Klaidman to discuss the long reach of China into American life, and to outline the unique challenges that the Biden administration will face in the wake of the often covert Chinese manipulation of Trump's White House.
- Josh Rogin (@joshrogin), Author and Opinion Columnist, Washington Post
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Dan Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Chaos Under Heaven: Trump, Xi, and the Battle for the 21st Century by Josh Rogin (2021)
- "In 2018, Diplomats Warned of Risky Coronavirus Experiments in a Wuhan Lab. No One Listened." by Josh Rogin, Politico (Mar. 8, 2021)
- "How covid hastened the decline and fall of the U.S.-China relationship" by Josh Rogin, Washington Post (Mar. 4, 2021)
- "The Biden administration confirms some but not all of Trump's Wuhan lab claims" by Josh Rogin, Washington Post (Mar. 9, 2021)
- "China Is Not Ten Feet Tall: How Alarmism Undermines American Strategy" by Ryan Hass, Foreign Affairs (Mar. 3, 2021)
- "U.S. Warned Jared Kushner About Wendi Deng Murdoch" by Kate O'Keeffe and Aruna Viswanatha, Wall Street Journal (Jan. 15, 2018)
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.