Manage episode 295826757 series 1943363
Rudy Giuliani's Law License in the State of New York has just been suspended for citing election lies. Once referred to as "America's Mayor" after 9/11, has now become anything but. He now faces possible disbarment for attempting to help Trump overturn the 2020 election results by abusing his power and the courts. Well, the courts just punched back. Christine Chung, one of the lawyers and former Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York - who drafted the original complaint against Giuliani, joins the show to discuss what this all mean for Giuliani, Trump, and the future of American Democracy.
- Christine Chung (@chrischunglaw), New York City-based trial and appellate attorney, fmr. Federal Prosecutor in the Southern District of New York
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- Text of the decision to suspend Rudy Giuliani - Here.
- Original Letter that Christine Chung co-wrote - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.