EYA 4: "If I Just Get X, I'll Be Happy"
Manage episode 328121934 series 2507500
Have you ever felt like you’re *almost* to where you want to be?
Maybe you’ve told yourself that if you just hit a certain level in your career, meet your person, build a family, buy that home, or heal your skin, THEN you’ll be happy and complete.
But when you think like that, the finish line will just keep moving because there will always be something more that needs to happen before you can be satisfied.
So in this episode, Jordan chats about what to do when you feel like you’re never quite where you want to be. This is the fourth episode in a series that takes a look at unmet expectations and goes along with her new book, Embrace Your Almost.
With new content that complements chapter 4 of the book and reflection questions to ask yourself, this episode will help you stop living for a moving finish line and start embracing the season you’re in with intention and contentment.
So find a comfy seat and tune in to learn:
- Why you feel like you’re never where you want to be
- The problem with arbitrarily pursuing goals without asking why
- How to define what’s enough for you
- Questions you can ask yourself to gain clarity and define your “why”
Want to dig deeper?
- Get a copy of Embrace Your Almost: https://jordanleedooley.com/eya
- Download the free book guide: https://jlmedia.lpages.co/eya-book-study-guide/
- Start the Bible study plan: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/30872