Manage episode 372147795 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 344 of Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to be speaking with Melanie Curtin. In this episode, we discuss her study on sex problems and experiences with 3000 participants, highlighted the top issues faced by both men and women in their sex lives. For women, pain and difficulty in reaching orgasm were common concerns, while premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction were prominent issues for men. The study also revealed how communication about these challenges played a crucial role in sexual relationships.
Melanie is a sex researcher and men’s coach with a Master’s in Communication from Stanford University.
She is a columnist at Inc. magazine, and has been published or seen on TODAY, Huffington Post, Forbes, Business Insider, The New York Observer, and more.
She has been coaching men for over six years, and specializes in bringing a woman’s perspective to men, so they can connect and succeed with women in fun, inviting, and meaningful ways that lead to fulfilling sex and relationships.
In this episode, you will hear:
- A look at Melanie’s Curtin study on sex problems and experiences
- The issues the study looked at and how people faced in their sex lives
- How women's top sex problems were pain and trouble orgasming
- Why men faced insecurities about their performance
- Understanding sexual intimacy and challenges faced by men in relationships
- How the fear of not getting an erection can lead to erectile dysfunction
- Why men may avoid physical intimacy if they fear performance issues
- How delayed ejaculation can be related to emotional safety
- How men can reclaim their power and address the "nice guy" syndrome
- The need for healthy boundaries and personal growth
Download the free Sex Bucket List
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy