Manage episode 374287142 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 347 of Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to be speaking with Dr Lori Beth Bisbey about sex in public, ways to incorporate novelty in relationships, understanding a culture's role in shaping attitudes towards public sex and balancing the thrill of exhibitionism with ethical and legal considerations.
Dr Lori Beth Bisbey is an Advanced GSRD (gender, sex, relationship diversity) therapist, sex & intimacy coach and psychologist whose expertise lies in working with individuals, couples, and groups to explore their sexuality, gender and relationship styles, discover a deeper level of sexual congruence, heal from past trauma, as well as create more meaningful, pleasurable, exciting, and authentic intimate relationships.
On a mission to create an open dialogue about sex, relationships, and self-expression, Dr Lori Beth is the specialist relationship therapist guiding couples on Open House: The Great Sex Experiment (Firecracker Films, Channel 4) and the host of the popular podcast The A To Z Of Sex®. She’s also a passionate speaker, dynamic workshop/retreat facilitator, and sought-after expert in the media on the topics of sex, relationship style, intimacy, and trauma.
Dr Lori Beth Bisbey has been working with people since 1987 to help them resolve trauma and PTSD and create and maintain superb relationships that contain sizzling sex and without the shame. She grew up in the US and did all over her work for her PhD except her dissertation research there. She emigrated to the United Kingdom in 1990 to marry her first husband, lived in the southeast for 32 years until moving to Scotland in November 2022.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Ways to incorporate novelty in relationships
- Understanding a culture's role in shaping attitudes towards sex in public
- How the desire to have sex in front of others can be exhibitionism
- Knowing the distinction between exhibitionism as a fetish and non-consensual acts
- The importance of consent in public sexual activities
- Understanding the risks of public sex, including legal consequences
- Balancing the thrill of exhibitionism with ethical and legal considerations
- The importance of open communication with partners about fantasies
- Recommendations for erotica authors and series
- Enhance fantasies by engaging in erotic talk with your partner
Download the free Sex Bucket List
Sexual Health Alliance Program
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy