Needed: Bolder Leadership in Innovation, Partnering, and Leveraging Data
Manage episode 341081837 series 3394788
Perspective. Today it matters more than ever, in this critical time for provider organizations. And few people have a greater perspective than Dr. Glenn Steele, former President and CEO of Geisinger Health System.
Dr. Steele's leadership was instrumental in establishing Geisinger as a "regional clinical powerhouse with over $3.4 billion in reserves and a national reputation for care system innovation," according to Health Affairs.
Among his many innovations, Dr. Steele ushered in more innovative uses of the EHR and healthcare IT; and implemented an award-winning care model that blends clinical transformation, growth strategy, and the industry's first clinical services warranty program.
Today he serves as Chairman at GSteele Health Solutions and City of Hope. We invited Dr. Steele to share his perspective on some of the top issues facing healthcare leaders today, including:
- Investment areas that must top the list for provider leaders
- Overcoming C-suite hesitancy in mission-critical decisions
- How the power of data catalyzes greater trust between providers and patients
- The growth of self-insured employers as true healthcare consumers
- How new thinking and alliances are improving cancer costs and results
- Top factors that drive hospitals and health system M&As
- How stronger HCP-Pharma ties take on medication non-adherence
- New business models to expand value-based care