Manage episode 348196607 series 3005228
In this week's episode we are talking about something we get asked about a lot in our group, whether or not to give homework to your clients. This can be individual to each coach and we would love to bring to you some thoughts around this topic and what impacts it might have.
- what actually is homework?
- the difference between coach set homework and client chosen homework
- how we can support out coachees to achieve their coaching outcomes
- when it might be appropriate to give homework
- the importance of contracting and boundaries
- how you can bring curiosity to sessions where homework has not been completed
- what are some of the pitfalls around assigning homework
Assigning homework will always be a personal choice for each coach and may well only be relevant to some clients. In general though we ask you to consider what the reasons are for assigning homework and whose outcomes do they truly meet. As a coach it's important to be clear and purposeful when we ask our clients to take actions. How have you explored the idea of giving homework and how effective have you found it to be?
Purchase our bestselling book ”Deciding to Coach”:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09XG1SJWC
- Take our FREE Quiz 'Which Coaching Course is Right for Me?'
- Join The Coaching Crowd Community on Facebook
- In Good Company (UK)
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Check out our Instagram
- Work with Jo Wheatley as your Emotions Coach
- Connect with Jo Wheatley on Instagram
- Connect with Jo Wheatley on LinkedIn
- Work with Zoe Hawkins as your Courageous Leadership Coach
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Facebook
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on LinkedIn
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Instagram