Manage episode 312519961 series 2984322
We all experience stressors in our day-to-day lives. But consistent stress can take a toll on our bodies, and it can eventually lead to conditions like anxiety and depression. Luckily, most cases of anxiety and depression can be managed with simple lifestyle changes and medical care.
In this episode, we’re breaking down the differences between stress, anxiety, and depression and the effects each one has on your body. Dr. Carling is explaining how our bodies process stress and function under consistent anxiety. She’s also sharing some conditions that are often misdiagnosed as depression.
What’s in this episode:
- What stress is and the factors that can cause it
- How your body processes stress as a fight or flight response
- Types of stress and how they affect your body
- The difference between anxiety and depression
- How to take charge of your emotions and understand your depression
- Common conditions and emotions that are misdiagnosed as depression
- How to manage stress, anxiety, and depression with simple lifestyle changes
For full show notes, resources and links head to: https://vitalhealthcda.com/podcasts/
The Vital Health for You Podcast is for everyone. Subscribe and stick around to hear doctor recommendations and insight into why you’re having health challenges in the first place (and what to do about it!) You have more power to change your health than you realize. Get to know us more by connecting with us on our website (www.vitalhealthcda.com) or on Facebook at (https://www.facebook.com/vitalhealthcda).
*Disclaimer: The statements made in this episode about specific products have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other healthcare professional.