Manage episode 307826752 series 2942547
In the real estate investor world, it’s very easy to be laser-focused on raising capital, raising rents, and increasing your bottom line. But one thing that can cripple a business is adding more debt to maximize profits.
My guest today is Hunter Thompson. Hunter has helped hundreds of investors close deals in commercial real estate and controls $100M in assets. He is the Founder of Asym Capital, the Host of the Cash Flow Connections Real Estate Podcast and the author of Raising Capital for Real Estate: How to Attract Investors, Establish Credibility, and Fund Deals.
I absolutely loved this interview because we’re on the same page with so many key concepts. Building trust and credibility takes effort and time, and Hunter has done it with incredible success.
In this episode, we talk about some of the economic indicators that’s driving some of the supply and demand issues right now, particularly in Arizona. Hunter shares his AENC system and how that has been at the core of his success. We also dig into the importance of speed and moving quickly in your business and why finding your niche is so important for long term success.
Key Takeaways with Hunter Thompson
- The key economic indicators contributing to the growth in Arizona, along with the supply/demand issues so many markets are facing.
- The valuable lesson that Hunter learned early on in his journey, when the money doesn’t always just show up if you’ve found a great deal.
- Why Tony decided to pivot into providing gap funding for other real estate investors.
- The importance of standing out, finding a niche so that when people are looking for assistance in a specific area, your name is at the top of the list.
- How Hunter tailors his content creation strategies to his clients to maximize success.
- The story of how Hunter’s AENC system was created after an embarrassing presentation yielded zero dollars in new capital.
- The added value in creating content but then repurposing your content as much as possible.
- How his success has been created by building credibility and nurturing those relationships.
- Hunter’s advice for new entrepreneurs and why you should seek out a mentor or a small firm to help get started as a real estate investor.
- Speed beats everything, put yourself in a position to move quickly to capitalize on the next opportunity.
- How Hunter has been able to rely on best-in class operators that specialize in various niches to find new deals.
- Respect the risks of acquiring debt. Adding value and raising rent is important, but many investors underestimate the risk of adding too much debt.
Want the Full Show Notes?
To get access to the full show notes, including audio, transcripts, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit https://acceleratedinvestorpodcast.com/239
Rate & Review If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Accelerated Real Estate Investor Podcast, hit the subscribe button on Apple Podcasts, so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
Connect with Josh Cantwell
Sign Up For My Coaching Program! To unlock your potential and start earning real passive income, visit joshcantwellcoaching.com
Get The Flip System Book! To get access to a free copy of The Flip System, visit getflipsystem.com/podcast