Exceptional Learning and Networking With The President of NFDA
Manage episode 356892883 series 2937569
In this episode of The Glam Reaper Podcast, Jennifer had an interesting conversation with the new President-elect of the NFDA (National Funeral Directors Association), Jack Mitchell. Jack is a sixth-generation funeral director with Mitchell-Wiedefeld Funeral Home in Baltimore, Maryland.
Even at a young age and after being exposed to the family business, he already has that appreciation for what funeral directors do for people, and how helpful they are to people. Now as the new president-elect, he is looking to expand on the effort and the work of the association, especially where regulations are concerned.
See for yourself how interesting the conversation turned out to be. Enjoy!
“The number one thing above all others that our members are telling us is their challenge, right now is simply getting good funeral directors.” - Jack Mitchell
LITTLE NUGGETS OF GOLD:
- Background of Jack Mitchell and his journey to becoming the president-elect of the NFDA.
- Did Jack consider not following in his family's funeral service business?
- What is your experience of Jack in attending the National Conventions in the past and now attending there as the President of the NFDA?
- In what way did Covid19 affect Jack Mitchell’s ascendancy to the presidency of NFDA?
- What makes the theme for the Service Remembrance for the National Convention extra interesting and special for 2022 being held in Baltimore?
- Jack's thoughts on the progression or diversification of having other celebrants for the Service of Remembrance, other than the clergy.
- What are Jack's goals or objectives for NFDA as its new President? (...A focus on the regulations and licensing for funeral directors and morticians.)
- The different levels of obligation from a time standpoint as President of NFDA. (...How does Jack feel about the presidency?)
- Jennifer's side story about how she found out about www.ancestry.com and how it can help someone learn where in the world your DNA comes from.
Connect with Jack Mitchell:
NFDA - https://nfda.org/about-nfda/board-of-directors
Connect with Jennifer/The Glam Reaper:
Facebook Page - Muldowney Memorials: https://www.facebook.com/MuldowneyMemorials/
Facebook Page - Rainbow Bridge Memorials: https://www.facebook.com/rainbowbridgememorialsdotcom
Instagram - @muldowneymemorials & @jennifermuldowney
Twitter - @TheGlamReaper
Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org