Manage episode 305045168 series 2915869
- Picture of the week.
- Windows 11 Watch - Don't update to Windows 11 unless you need to.
- Patch Tuesday - PrintNightmare fix to fix the previous print nightmare fix that broke other things.
- Point and Print feature is the problem, not a bug.
- On Windows 11, installing printers might also fail when using the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) in organizations sharing an IPP printer using printer connections.
- "While Microsoft provided a fix in their September 2021 update, the patch resulted in a number of new management problems."
- "There were a total of 74 vulnerabilities of various severities fixed with one being a true 0-day."
- MysterySnail has the potential to collect and exfiltrate system information from compromised hosts.
- REvil may finally be gone for good.
- Over 30 Countries Pledge to Fight Ransomware Attacks.
- $52.1 Billion in ransomware transactions? really?
- Tianfu Cup 2021.
- Clipboard Hijacking for fun and profit.
- LinkedIn to dramatically pare down its offering in China.
- Closing the Loop.
- Minh Duong's Epic Rickroll.
We invite you to read our show notes at https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-841-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.