Manage episode 291162717 series 2838078
In this episode Ben chats with Addie Cardon, a behaviour analyst based in Dakar, Senegal. She talks about her work in Dakar, a wonderful paper she published on cross cultural experiences of American and Senegalese parents of autistic children, pivotal response training and so much more!
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): https://cbiconsultants.com/shop
- Cardon, A. & Marshall, T. (2020). To raise a child with autism spectrum disorder: A qualitative, comparative study of parental experiences in the United States and Senegal. Transcultural Psychiatry, 58(3), 335-350.
- UC Santa Barbara ABA Program: https://professional.ucsb.edu/certificate-applied-behavior-analysis
- Dr. Sunny Kim: https://sunnysbehaviorservices.com/about-us
- Robert Koegel: https://education.ucsb.edu/robert-koegel
- Wolof Language: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Wolof
- University of Washington Autism Research: https://depts.washington.edu/uwautism/research-projects
- Goree Island Slave Trade: https://africaglobalnews.com/goree-island-history-of-the-atlantic-slave-trade
- BIG & Sous L'Arbre Acoustik (Adair’s friend and brother in-law’s Senegalese music group): https://www.bigsouslarbreacoustik.com