Manage episode 293536482 series 2838078
In this episode I’m humbled to chat with one of Ontario’s best known behaviour analysts. Louis Busch talks about the great work he is doing at Toronto’s Centre for Addictions and Mental Health including a discussion of his case study about an individual struggling with severe pica.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): https://cbiconsultants.com/shop
- George Brown College: https://www.georgebrown.ca/programs/honours-bachelor-of-behaviour-analysis-program-s302
- Andrew McNamara: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-mcnamara-ph-d-bcba-a0a38029
- Ken Hamilton: https://www.georgebrown.ca/health-sciences/health-wellness/faculty-directory
- CAMH: http://www.camh.ca
- Lisa Orsi (Louis’ Partner): https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-orsi-78107b17
- Busch, L. P. A., Saini, V., Zorzos, C., et al. (2018). Treatment of life-threatening pica with 5-year follow-up. Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 2, 335-343. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41252-018-0053-9
- Donnelly, D. R., & Olczak, P. V. (1990). The effect of differential reinforcement of incompatible behaviors (DRI) on pica for cigarettes in person with intellectual disability. Behavior Modification, 14(1), 81-96.
- Foxx, R., & Martin, E. (1975). Treatment of scavenging behavior (coprophagy and pica) by overcorrection. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 13, 153-162.
- Iwata, B. A., Dorsey, M. F., Slifer, K. J., Bauman, K. E., & Richman, G. S. (1994). Toward a functional analysis of self‐injury. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 27(2), 197-209.
- Piazza, C. C., Fisher, W. W., Hanley, G. P., LeBlanc, L. A., Worsdell, A. S., Lindaur, S. E., & Keeney, K. M. (1998). Treatment of pica through multiple analyses of its reinforcing functions. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 31(2), 165-189.
- Vollmer, T. R., Marcus, B. A., Ringdahl, J. E., & Roane, H. S. (1995). Progressing from brief assessments to extended experimental analyses in the evaluation of aberrant behavior. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 28(4), 561-576.