FFP 386 | Fertility Challenges & Recurrent Miscarriage | Gluten Intolerance, Celiac & Fertility | Justine Bold
Manage episode 304663906 series 2776014
The first part of today’s episode focuses on my guest Justine’s fertility journey which culminated with her pregnancy at age 43 with twins. The second part focuses on Justine’s professional work in the area of gluten sensitivity, Celiac, and fertility.
Justine Bold has worked as an academic in the UK at the University of Worcester since 2008. She is now also Program Director for CPD in the Medical School at Cardiff University. She has written articles on infertility, appeared in the media and coedited a book entitled ‘Integrated approaches to Infertility, IVF and Recurrent Miscarriage’ that was published in 2016. She has published widely in academic journals on gluten and celiac disease and also on the integrative management of female reproductive health conditions. She is working towards PhD by publication having also co-authored a book on Mental Health in 2019 and recently contributed chapters to an upcoming text book ‘Gluten related disorders’ to be published by Elsevier.
Justine had a long personal journey to motherhood starting with a pregnancy loss in her early thirties finally becoming a mum in her forties. She is passionate about raising awareness about the infertility experience and in helping healthcare professionals to understand patients and clients to improve patient care and she is currently working on research projects in this area. She also appeared in the UK at Fertility Fest in 2018 and at the Fertility Show in Manchester in 2019.
To learn more: https://www.worcester.ac.uk/about/profiles/justine-bold
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self Study Program!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by Saturee! Liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods available! Liver is rich in folate, choline, vitamin B12, iron, vitamin A, selenium, zinc, coenzyme Q10 and the list goes on, but unless you grew up eating it, you may have a hard time loving the taste. Saturee A+ liver capsules contain 100% Australian grass fed and finished beef liver with no fillers or preservatives. Click here to purchase today and enter coupon code FERTILITYFRIDAY for a 5% discount off your order!Topics discussed in today's episode:
How gluten can impact fertility
Justine's personal experience with fertility challenges and how it lead her into to become a nutritional practitioner
How our culture addresses fertility
Connection between endometriosis and fertility
Justine's experience with endometriosis
What is celiac disease and what is the difference between the disease and gluten sensitivity
Connect with Justine:
- Her latest work (contribution to a book chapter): https://www.elsevier.com/books/gluten-related-disorders/rostami-nejad/978-0-12-821846-4
- The paper referenced: Non-coeliac gluten sensitivity and reproductive disorders
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- FFP 324 | Overcoming Fertility Challenges | Overcoming Miscarriage, Pregnancy Loss & Stillbirth | Christine McAlister
- FFP 177 | Wheat Belly | Gluten Sensitivity, IBS, and Inflammation | Dr. William Davis
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 131 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Managing Hashimoto’s Naturally | Going Gluten Free | Kelly & Lisa
- FFP 051 | The Impact of Sugar Consumption on Fertility and Health | Creating a Healthy Relationship with Food | Angelique Panagos
- FFP 049 | Improving Fertility Naturally by Optimizing Your Diet, Lifestyle, and Environment | Eleni Roumeliotou
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness ProgramsThe Fertility Awareness Charting Workbook