FFP 379 | The Truth About Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) | Summer Replay Series | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Manage episode 300881898 series 2776014
Should you rely on ovulation predictor kits when you’re trying to conceive? Find out in today’s episode of the 2021 summer replay series!
In this solo episode, I am tackling the topic of Ovulation Predictor Kits! I talk about OPKs and why I don’t think they are all they’re cracked up to be. I share why relying solely on OPKs can reduce your chances of conception in some cases, and why your body gives you much more reliable signs to go on when you pay attention to it!
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAM LIVE!
[powerpress]Topics discussed in today's episode:
- Why relying primarily on Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) can actually lower your chances of conceiving
- How OPKs can inadvertently lead you to use the rhythm method
- The impact of stress on your menstrual cycle
- Why the key to timing sex correctly is not about having sex on ovulation day
- Why women with PCOS often can’t rely on OPKs to identify ovulation
- How relying on OPKs can result in you ignoring your body signs
- Why monitoring your cervical mucus observations is more effective than relying on OPKs
- Why waiting for a positive OPK to have sex will often cause you to miss out on several fertile days prior to ovulation
- The importance of understanding your fertility signs first and using OPKs second
- The benefits of using OPKs when you understand and pay attention your fertile signs first
- Using Fertility Awareness to optimize your chances of conception
Connect with Lisa.
- Fertility Awareness Method | Fertility Friday Podcast
- Cora Tampons | Organic Tampons That Work
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program | Program Details
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness ProgramsThe Fertility Awareness Charting Workbook