Manage episode 302243371 series 2596092
Dan Carlin (@hardcorehistory) is the host of the wildly popular Hardcore History and Common Sense podcasts, and author of The End Is Always Near: Apocalyptic Moments, from the Bronze Age Collapse to Nuclear Near Misses.
What We Discuss with Dan Carlin:
- Do tough times make for tougher people? How do we define what "tough" means?
- Will war ever become obsolete, or will we always need to be prepared to engage in military force on some level?
- Why do the people who are best qualified to lead rarely get elected, and how does this hurt us all (even if "our" candidate wins)?
- How denying the cultivation of skills, talent, and opportunity to the poorest members of the population underserves society as a whole.
- Is a de-escalation of our current political polarization possible, or have we passed the point of no return?
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/560
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!