Manage episode 300344313 series 2596092
Your father was physically violent toward you and your brother on at least two occasions that would have warranted police intervention, but your also-abusive mother begged you not to call them. Years later, how can you reframe the anger you have toward yourself for putting up with your mother's manipulations and not reporting your father's abuse to the police when you had a chance? We'll try to find an answer to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/550
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Thought exercise: If you met someone exactly like yourself, what advice would you give them?
- How can you stop hating yourself for not calling the police on your physically abusive dad -- at the behest of your also-abusive mom -- years ago?
- How can you stick to your own weight loss goals when the people surrounding you (including your obese spouse) keep enabling you to make every day a cheat day?
- Are our review instructions clearer than they were? Please let us know!
- A friend passed away recently, and her husband (who wasn't on good terms with her parents) isn't on the deed to their house. Are there any spousal rights that could entitle him to the equity? [Once again, thanks to Corbin Payne for helping us with this one!]
- As a college student, it seems difficult to develop valuable professional connections if you don't already have a job or internship, and it’s hard to get jobs or internships if you don’t have the connections. What can you do?
- When you've got a somewhat high-profile Internet presence, how should you deal with the inevitable (and anonymously cowardly) haters?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at