Manage episode 335617115 series 2336001
Nathan Ruyle is a sound designer for film, who has designed and mixed for over 70 feature-length films. He is the founder of This is Sound Design, a full-service post sound facility in Burbank, California. Nathan has credits working for Universal, HBO, Netflix, and Amazon. His most recent project is the film Joyland, the winner of the 2022 Jury Award at the Cannes Film Festival.
Nathan spoke with me from his incredible new sound stage studio. We discussed sound design for film and the work he has done. He goes into detail about his state-of-the-art facility, which is Dobly-Certified for the latest in immersive audio.
- This is Sound Design - https://tisd.tv
- Nathan on IMDB - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2021986/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
- Joyland Film - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19719976/
- "The Invisible Art" by Nathan Ruyle - https://www.moviemaker.com/this-is-sound-design-sound-designer-nathan-ruyle/
- Making Waves: The Art of Cinematic Sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsckp8r1-8c
- Hiss and Roar: https://hissandaroar.com/v3/
- Immersive Audio with Matt Wallace and Will Kennedy on the Music Production Podcast #269: https://brianfunk.com/blog/studio-deluxe-immersive
Brian Funk Links:
- My Website - https://brianfunk.com
- Intro Music Made with Dream Organ Ableton Live Pack - https://brianfunk.com/blog/dream-organ
- Ableton Live Pack Archive - https://brianfunk.com/blog/ableton-live-pack-archive
- Music Production Club - https://brianfunk.com/mpc
- Music Production Podcast - https://brianfunk.com/podcast
- Save 25% on Ableton Live Packs at my store with the code: PODCAST - https://brianfunk.com/store
Thank you for listening.
Please review the Music Production Podcast on your favorite podcast provider!
And don’t forget to visit my site https://BrianFunk.com for music production tutorials, videos, and sound packs.