Manage episode 372239710 series 2977252
This week, we’re talking to Melanie Losacco about embodiment practices for fat folks!
Melanie (she/hers) draws on her lived experience as a fat person as well as her professional background as a trauma informed somatic coach to help fat folx become more embodied. Outside of work she fills her days mom-ing, laughing with friends, binging trashy tv and plotting ways to continue smashing the system.
We had an amazing conversation with Melanie about...
- how feminism is often missing the weight stigma lens
- the problems with blank slate therapy
- what somatic experiencing even is
- why being present in your body can be hard
- how embodiment was a turning point in her own relationship with her body
- why embodiment is different for fat folks & folks in other marginalized bodies
- and what providers can do to better support their fat clients.
You can find Melanie on Instagram at @embodiedmelanielosacco, and you can find out more about her services here: https://www.reclaimingbeauty.com/embodiment-coaching.
Want to connect with us to deepen the conversation? Join us in our online community, The Satisfaction Space!
Want to show the world that you love the pod? Get t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, stickers, totebags & more at Teepublic!
You can stay up to date on all things Satisfaction Factor by following us on IG @satisfactionfactorpod!
Here's where to find us:
Sadie Simpson: www.sadiesimpson.com or IG @sadiemsimpson
Naomi Katz: www.happyshapes.co or IG @happyshapesnaomi