Manage episode 361063101 series 2977252
We've done several episodes now where we deconstruct diet culture language, but this week, we wanted to take a look at some phrases we see in anti-diet spaces that can actually still be upholding some diet culture ideals. In this episode, we're talking about the problems with how the concepts of moderation, food freedom, and health get used in anti-diet spaces.
We had a great conversation, including:
- The difference between moderation and unconditional permission
- How to tell if you're using moderation as restriction
- The privilege in food freedom, and why it's often not a realistic goal
- The problem with using "don't worry, you'll still eat healthy" as a defense against critiques of intuitive eating
- Why health is a meaningless concept without individual & societal context
Want to connect with us to deepen the conversation? Join us in our online community, The Satisfaction Space!
Want to show the world that you love the pod? Get t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, stickers, totebags & more at Teepublic!
You can stay up to date on all things Satisfaction Factor by following us on IG @satisfactionfactorpod!
Here's where to find us:
Sadie Simpson: www.sadiesimpson.com or IG @sadiemsimpson
Naomi Katz: www.happyshapes.co or IG @happyshapesnaomi