Manage episode 357317168 series 2977252
This week, we're deconstructing 5 more common phrases that perpetuate diet culture. In this installment, we're covering:
- "I have to exercise for X minutes for it to count/Only X counts as exercise."
- "I've been bad."
- "Off the wagon"
- "Strong is the new skinny."
- "I exercise so I can eat/drink X"
We're breaking down the ways these phrases can cause harm & what we might want to consider saying instead!
And if you're looking for support in redefining what counts as movement, check out Sadie's new FREE resource that can help you do just that! Need a quick and easy framework to put together your own workouts without overthinking it? This plug-and-play resource will help you figure out what the heck to do (without spending a lot of time, effort, and energy to plan it all!) Click here to get the Build Your Own Workout Template!
Or if you'd like some support in reframing your own diet culture narratives, check out Naomi's new FREE Redefining Diet Culture Narratives Workbook! Inside this free workbook, you’ll find:
- Why reframes are helpful in rejecting diet culture
- 3 proven reframe tactics I use with my 1:1 and group coaching clients, with examples
- Space for you to work through your own narratives using the 3 reframe tactics
- PLUS, an exclusive 10% savings on a coaching package of your choice just for downloading this workbook!
Want to connect with us to deepen the conversation? Join us in our online community, The Satisfaction Space!
Want to show the world that you love the pod? Get t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, stickers, totebags & more at Teepublic!
You can stay up to date on all things Satisfaction Factor by following us on IG @satisfactionfactorpod!
Here's where to find us:
Sadie Simpson: www.sadiesimpson.com or IG @sadiemsimpson
Naomi Katz: www.happyshapes.co or IG @happyshapesnaomi