Manage episode 356060692 series 2977252
This week, we’re talking to Pam Luk, founder of Ember & Ace, an athletic wear brand for plus size kids. Growing up playing sports, Pam learned firsthand the importance of finding active wear that fits. Not finding it is one of the main reasons kids quit sports. Pam launched Ember & Ace exclusively for plus size kids with a focus on comfort and performance.
We had an amazing conversation with Pam about...
- Her own experiences of being an active plus size kid
- How being a parent has changed her relationship to her body (and bodies in general)
- Why a lack of inclusive activewear & uniforms can lead many kids to quit the physical activities they love
- What messages we're sending to kids when they can't find activewear in their sizes
- Why removing barriers to access is a truly health-promoting goal & how this relates to the new AAP guidelines
- Why access to movement is important for kids, having nothing to do with changing their body sizes
- And the groundbreaking work she's doing in expanding activewear sizing for kids in larger bodies!
Want to connect with us to deepen the conversation? Join us in our online community, The Satisfaction Space!
Want to show the world that you love the pod? Get t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, stickers, totebags & more at Teepublic!
You can stay up to date on all things Satisfaction Factor by following us on IG @satisfactionfactorpod!
Here's where to find us:
Sadie Simpson: www.sadiesimpson.com or IG @sadiemsimpson
Naomi Katz: www.happyshapes.co or IG @happyshapesnaomi