964: Keely Beasecker Owner of Niffer's
Manage episode 354893364 series 1016716
Keely Beasecker entered the restaurant industry in 1982. Before that, she was a competitive swimmer at Auburn in Alabama. When she left competitive swimming, she began working at Quincey’s Steakhouse in South Carolina. There, she became a master of FOH. In 1991, she and some partners opened the first Niffer’s in Auburn, AL. In 1994 they opened a second location which closed in 1996. In 2001, the true second Niffer’s location opened and today there are 3 total Niffer’s locations.
Unstoppables! Please consider taking this survey about our listener demographics so that we can better determine how to best serve our listeners. Less than 10 simple questions. Here is the link: CLICK HEREShow notes… Calls to ACTION!!!
- Join Restaurant Unstoppable Network and get your first 30 days on me! Connect with my past guest and a community of superfans.
- Subscribe to the Restaurant Unstoppable YouTube Channel
- Join the private Unstoppable Facebook Group
- Join the email list! (Scroll Down to get the Vendor List!)
- "Improve everyday by 1%."
In this episode with Keely Beasecker we will discuss:
- Discipline in the industry
- Comparing the restaurant business with competitive swimming
- Opening a second location too far from your first
- Opening and closing a second location
- Expansion in order to give better opportunities to your staff
- Prime cost
- Cell phones in the workplace
- Kids these days
For restaurants, large costs can pop up fast, but traditional loans are too slow. That’s why you need Zinch – They’re a direct lender that can fund up to $250,000 in less than 2 days. Apply online and you can get a response within 24 hours. Right now, my listeners get their application fee waived by going to financingthatworks.com. Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law license.
Join the 60-day Restaurant Systems Pro FREE TRAINING. This is something that has never been done before. This 60-day event is at no cost to you, but it is not for everyone. Fred Langley, CEO of Restaurant Systems Pro, will lead a group of restaurateurs through the Restaurant Systems Pro software and set up the systems for your restaurant. During the 60 days, Fred will walk you through the Restaurant Systems Pro Process and help you crush the following goals: Recipe Costing Cards; Guidance in your books for accounting; Cash controls; Sales Forecasting(With Accuracy); Checklists; Budgeting for the entire year; Scheduling for profit; More butts in seats and more… Click Here to learn more.
- Which “it factor” habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What's one thing you ask or look for when interviewing/growing your team?
- What did you do today to better the company?
- What's a current challenge? How are you dealing with it?
- Share one code of conduct or behavior you teach your team.
- Have fun
- What is one uncommon standard of service you teach your staff?
- Never have a tea glass below the halfway point
- What's one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
- Jon Gordon
- GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
- What's one piece of technology you've adopted within your restaurant walls and how has it influence operations?
- What is one thing you feel restaurateurs don't do well enough or often enough?
- If you got the news that you'd be leaving this world tomorrow and all memories of you, your work, and your restaurants would be lost with your departure with the exception of 3 pieces of wisdom you could leave behind for the good of humanity, what would they be?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Keely Beasecker for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!Restaurant Unstoppable is a free podcast. One of the ways I'm able to make it free is by earning a commission when sharing certain products with you. I've made it a core value to only share tools, resources, and services my guest mentors have recommend, first. If you're finding value in my podcast, please use my links!