Manage episode 342237687 series 1016716
Brandon Landry is the Founder and CEO of Walk-On's, which had its first store open in Baton Rouge, LA. Today, there are 70 Walk-On's locations. Brandon attended LSU where he was a "walk-on" for their basketball team. He learned the importance of being a part of a team at that time, and the essential role that the walk-on has among all the players and staff. Brandon decided to open a restaurant before he graduated in 2000, so he started working in them and found himself a mentor. In 2003, when Brandon and his then-business partner were only 23, the first Walk-On's location opened in Baton Rouge. Since then, the franchise has scaled to 70 locations and has attracted an investment from Saints QB Drew Brees, who is today a co-owner.
Check out episode 915 with Peter Sclafani as mentioned in today's episode!Show notes… Calls to ACTION!!!
- Join Restaurant Unstoppable Network and get your first 30 days on me! Connect with my past guest and a community of superfans.
- Subscribe to the Restaurant Unstoppable YouTube Channel
- Join the private Unstoppable Facebook Group
- Join the email list! (Scroll Down to get the Vendor List!)
- "People don't care who much you know, they care how much you care."
In this episode with Brandon Landry we will discuss:
- Business plans
- Acquiring funding
- Correcting inconsistencies
- Opening a restaurant and realizing you are not what you wanted to be when you opened
- Identifying and maintaining standards
- Splitting up partnerships
Join the 60-day Restaurant Systems Pro FREE TRAINING. This is something that has never been done before. This 60-day event is at no cost to you, but it is not for everyone. Fred Langley, CEO of Restaurant Systems Pro, will lead a group of restaurateurs through the Restaurant Systems Pro software and set up the systems for your restaurant. During the 60 days, Fred will walk you through the Restaurant Systems Pro Process and help you crush the following goals: Recipe Costing Cards; Guidance in your books for accounting; Cash controls; Sales Forecasting(With Accuracy); Checklists; Budgeting for the entire year; Scheduling for profit; More butts in seats and more… Click Here to learn more.
7shifts is a modern labor management platform, designed by restaurateurs, for restaurateurs. Effectively labor management is more important than ever to ensure profitability and restaurant success. Trusted by over 400,000 restaurant professionals, 7shifts gives you the tools you need to streamline labor operations, communicate with your team, and retain your talent. Best of all 7shifts integrates with the POS and Payroll systems you already use and trust (like Toast!) turning labor into a competitive advantage for your business. Restaurant Unstoppable members get 3 months, absolutely free.
- Which "it factor" habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success?
- Work ethic
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Trust too much
- What's one thing you ask or look for when interviewing/growing your team?
- "Have you ever been a part of a team?"
- What's a current challenge? How are you dealing with it?
- Scaling culture
- Share one code of conduct or behavior you teach your team.
- Create trust
- What is one uncommon standard of service you teach your staff?
- "Rumble" - the team beats on the tables and does a rally cry twice per day
- What's one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
- What's one piece of technology you've adopted within your restaurant walls and how has it influence operations?
- KDS: Aloha and Toast
- What is one thing you feel restaurateurs don't do well enough or often enough?
- Clearly define their purpose
- If you got the news that you'd be leaving this world tomorrow and all memories of you, your work, and your restaurants would be lost with your departure with the exception of 3 pieces of wisdom you could leave behind for the good of humanity, what would they be?
- Positive people change the world
- It's not about tough love; you have to love them and then you can be tough
- Always have to value and foster relationships
Website: https://walk-ons.comThanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Brandon Landry for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!Restaurant Unstoppable is a free podcast. One of the ways I'm able to make it free is by earning a commission when sharing certain products with you. I've made it a core value to only share tools, resources, and services my guest mentors have recommend, first. If you're finding value in my podcast, please use my links!