Manage episode 334455954 series 2456132
In this episode, Lara chats with Ph.D., international exercise physiologist, and nutrition scientist Dr. Stacy Sims. Dr. Stacy’s aim is to revolutionize exercise nutrition and performance for women. Believe it or not, much of the research out there on nutrition and exercise physiology is conducted on men and then applied to women. She talks about how men and women are different and how we should embrace those differences, noting that “women are not small men.” Dr. Stacy has created a platform to help women be healthy and understand their bodies, know how to work with their unique physiology, know how to understand their hormones, and use this information to make us empowered in our performance, activities, and lives.
In this episode, we chat about:
- What's the optimal timing of food in and around training for women to support the training, stress, and recovery from it?
- What’s the best time to exercise?
- Women's hormones and how they change throughout our lives, including periods and menopause.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
- Instagram: @drstacysims
- Use code LYTYOGA for 20% off courses on https://www.drstacysims.com/
- Visit tryveganmealprep.com and get 25% off your first order with promo code LYTYOGA
- Instagram: @lara.heimann
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.