Sarah Mackenzie will help your kids fall in love with books, and will help *you* fall in love with homeschooling.
Manage episode 298319109 series 2441368
By Future Focused Parenting, Kira Dorrian, and Deana Thayer. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Today on Raising Adults, we discuss inviting feedback from our children. Join us as we talk about what this looks like in our homes and what it's like for someone who may have a hard time hearing feedback. How does this approach work? Be sure to tune in! "Feedback, when given well, should not alienate the receiver of the feedback, but should motivate them to perform better." - M.O., Manager, Fortune 500 Company “Don’t couch it in good and bad. We’re talking about what’s going well, and where are some areas I could grow? Or where are some areas that I could serve you better? The way that we frame this is really important.” - Kira Dorrian Today's highlights include:
- Kira's why's (6:25)
- Deana's why (7:44)
- How Kira has handled this with her kids (9:30)
- How Deana does this in her family (11:55)
- Kira's experience with seeing this up close and personal (17:07)
- What it has been like for Deana now that her kids are older (20:54)
- Kira drops some truth about the distinctions in the vocabulary we use (24:43)
- Today's takeaways (27:06)