Sarah Mackenzie will help your kids fall in love with books, and will help *you* fall in love with homeschooling.
Closing The Gender Gap Using Context, Conversation and Communication with Janet Allison and Jennifer L.W. Fink of On Boys Podcast
Manage episode 294926447 series 2441368
By Future Focused Parenting, Kira Dorrian, and Deana Thayer. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Today, Kira and Deana have the opportunity to chat with Janet Allison and Jennifer LW Fink about closing the gender gap using communication, context, and conversation. Janet is a mother, former teacher, and currently a family coach, author, and podcaster. Jennifer is a mother of four boys, a writer, and a podcaster. Together they co-host the popular podcast, On Boys. "I started learning about boys to survive my own life." - Jennifer LW Fink. "The three keys of really being a boy-friendly communicator are moving side by side, fewer words on your part, and lots of pauses." - Janet Allison. In this episode, we dive into:
- Meet Janet (2:52)
- Meet Jennifer (3:58)
- The why behind Jennifer's work (7:39)
- Janet's why (8:45)
- Raising gentlemen without suppressing the empowerment of girls (11:49)
- Helping our kids understand the past so they can have the context for the current climate (14:41)
- Three keys to being a boy-friendly communicator (20:39)
- Laying the foundation for tailored conversations (22:03)