Join the Mad Fientist as he interviews personal-finance icons like Mr. Money Mustache and Vicki Robin to discover the strategies they used to achieve financial independence and retire early! Learn about investing, tax avoidance, entrepreneurship, travel hacking, real estate, and all things related to financial independence and early retirement!
Manage episode 328399439 series 45578
By Joshua J. Sheats, MSFS, CFP, CLU, ChFC, CASL, CAP, RHU, REBC: CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER, Advisor, and Joshua Sheats. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
On today's live Q&A we cover:
- 1:05 Should I avoid Target Date Retirement Funds due to the recent Vanguard debacle?
- 18:37 How can I make my children's summer vacation more productive?
- 53:38 Should I buy the house I'm living in?
- 1:00:35 Should I do a 1031 on my commercial property or simply sell it and pay the tax?
- 1:07:58 Should I have my mom set up a Medicaid Trust?
- 1:19:54 Can I move my business to Wyoming to save on California taxes?
- 1:32:03 Help me pick which government school to enroll my children in?
- 1:49:00 How will I know when I'm legitimately Coast FI?
- 2:03:15 How can I negotiate a better deal with my boss?