Manage episode 291989246 series 1453382
Tara Teng is an embodiment coach who works in the intersections of spirituality and sexuality.
Alongside collaborative work with community stakeholders, lawmakers, and organizations, Tara spent more than 10 years working to advance the socioeconomic status of women to diminish sexual violence and end human trafficking.
Tara’s advocacy has helped to pass new laws in Canada that protect victims of human trafficking, and she established that country’s first municipal action plan to combat human trafficking.
Also, Tara is a TEDx speaker, former Miss Canada, and was named “Canada’s Women of the Year” in 2011. She is one of the Globe and Mail’s “Top 25 Most Transformational Canadians,” received an International Heroes award from the Joy Smith Foundation, and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee medal in recognition of her human rights work.
- Faith and Identity: Bisexual, bi-racial Asian-Canadian, Christian-mystic woman
- Deconstruction: Evolve and question everything around you and within yourself
- Shift in Faith: Jesus and his love for people and his hatred of injustice
- Embodiment: Power systems/structures use our bodies for profit and control
- Disembodiment and Segregation: Reclaim and reconnect with pieces of self
- Intersectionality: Expressing our queerness, makes us a target, but it’s necessary
- Polyamory: Connection and commitment to relationship needs and boundaries
Links and Resources:
Tara Teng Tara Teng on Instagram Tara Teng - TEDx Speaker Queer Youth of Faith Art Contest (Beloved Arise) 2022 Q Christian Fellowship Conference Masterclass: 4 Practices You Can Start Now to Move Beyond Shame Queerology Podcast on Instagram Queerology Podcast on Twitter Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts Matthias Roberts on Patreon