Manage episode 294586151 series 2793784
Blair Imani is a critically acclaimed historian, author, educator, and influencer living at the intersections of black, bi-sexual, and Muslim identity.
Blair’s viral microlearning series, Smarter In Seconds, demonstrates her signature style of making abstract concepts more concrete in a well-researched, well-presented, and concise manner.
Also, Blair is the author of Read This to Get Smarter: About Race, Class, Gender, Disability, and More, Making Our Way Home: The Great Migration and the Black American Dream, and Modern HERstory: Stories of Women and Nonbinary People Rewriting History.
Blair’s work centers women and girls, global black communities, and the LGBTQ community. She is dedicated to making the world a better place and amplifying the voices and work of those fighting the good fight.
- Faith and Identity: Too many identity labels and faith-based assumptions
- Becoming Muslim: Right path to express self-understanding externally
- Islam Education: Beautiful and innovative approach to replace fear, bullying
- Puzzle Piece: Perfection eludes people of faith, but being Muslim fit in perfectly
- Christian Parents: Not there to tell you what to think, but how to think
- Ability vs. Disability: Intelligence is how information is absorbed and duplicated
- Individualism: People are not always ordained to have basic human rights
- Human Interaction: Set boundaries and treat others with respect to build trust
Links and Resources:
Blair Imani Blair Imani on Instagram Blair Imani on YouTube Blair Imani on Patreon Smarter In Seconds Read This to Get Smarter: about Race, Class, Gender, Disability, and More Making Our Way Home: The Great Migration and the Black American Dream Modern HERstory: Stories of Women and Nonbinary People Rewriting History The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Benjamin Rush Carl Linnaeus Tila Tequila Carlos Valieri on Degrassi Diversity of Sexual Orientation - Kinsey Institute GLAAD Masterclass: 4 Practices You Can Start Now to Move Beyond Shame Queerology Podcast on Instagram Queerology Podcast on Twitter Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts Matthias Roberts on Patreon