How to Build a Tutoring Platform from Scratch: Perfecting the All-Important Tutor-Student Relationship, with Co-Founder of The Tutor Index, Jason Preece
Manage episode 347292385 series 2801312
The story of how one educator and founder developed and built a tutoring platform that has the tutor-student relationship right at its core. This is The Tutor Index and Jason Preece.
With over 12 years in tutoring and as a music teacher, with a DPhil in Music Composition from the University of Oxford (alongside his role as Teaching Assistant there), Jason is currently Assistant Director of Music at a school in Oxford.
Alongside his business partner, Chris Nicholson, Jason founded The Tutor Index last spring, focusing on creating a perfect match between tutors and student.
For some (many, even) of you looking to set up your own tutoring business or platform, this is a wonderful conversation of how to go from one-(wo)man band to small tutoring business.
- Check out Jason (and Chris') mission, and sign up as a tutor, at thetutorindex.com
- Connect with Jason on LinkedIn
- Join the newly launched and incredibly exciting LTC Connect: a packed calendar of events & content across our 6 Hubs: English, Maths, Science, Wellbeing, SEND and Business. Just £7.50 per month for access to all the content in all 6 Hubs
- ️⭐️ Enjoy the podcast? Give us a 5-star review!
- Visit speakpipe.com/QualifiedTutorPodcast to have your voice heard by posing your thoughts and questions to Jason
Qualified Tutor is a tutor-training organisation, with a suite of high-quality, industry-first programmes. The Level 3 Qualification for Tutors (qualifiedtutor.org/level-3-qualification-for-tutors/) consists of 8-10 weeks of online learning, interactive live sessions with peers and expert facilitation at every step of the way, and will set you apart in a crowded space.
Our CPD-Accredited Tutor Training (qualifiedtutor.org/cpd-accredited-tutor-training/) is a 4-week course in teaching and learning, and comes with a Certificate of Completion and a teaching qualification that many tutors will never have had the chance to obtain. Be the first to take the next step in tutoring.
🥇 The website: https://www.qualifiedtutor.org/
🌍 The Community: https://www.qualifiedtutorcommunity.org/
🎙 The Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thequalifiedtutor/
💻 The LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/qualified-tutor/
📱 The Twitter page: https://twitter.com/qualified_tutor
📷 The Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/qualified_tutor/