Manage episode 329536145 series 2989882
Chris Blec is joined by Bartek Kiepuszewski, Co-Founder of L2Beat to discuss the security risks & trust requirements that come along with popular Ethereum Layer 2s.
Some of the topics covered:
- How L2Beat got started as a MakerDAO research project
- the risks of a whitelisted validator system
- what it means to have a centralized sequencer
- what kind of risk future regulation could pose to L2s
- whether or not users can safely leave their funds on L2s
- and more!
If you are curious about Ethereum L2s and want to get a clear understanding of how they work and what their risks are, you definitely will want to listen in on this conversation.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Tornado Cash Community - learn more at https://tornado.cash
Members of THORChain Community - learn more at https://thorchain.org
Check out L2Beat at https://l2beat.com
Arbitrum's Security Considerations & Gotchas: https://developer.offchainlabs.com/docs/security_considerations
Follow Bartek on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bkiepuszewski
Follow Chris Blec on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ChrisBlec--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/proof-of-decentralization/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/proof-of-decentralization/support