Manage episode 326637959 series 2391141
Are you overpricing or underpricing your offers? This is a question that has many of my clients spinning in circles, completely confused and lost. Figuring out how much to charge is a really important decision any CEO or founder is going to make, and pricing strategy is something that comes up a lot in my work.
In a world where business rules have been written by men, how do women like us create enormous success on our terms? For so long, our contributions have been undervalued and overlooked. The gender pay gap is real, and the numbers simply don’t lie.
Women across the board are underpricing their offers and under-earning. So the advice we’re given is, “Charge your worth.” The intent behind owning our worth seems great at face value and there are instances where keeping this in mind is effective. But I consider this to be somewhat troubling advice, and I’m breaking down why on this episode.
Join me this week as I show you why we need to understand the difference between charging our worth and charging our value. You’ll discover why value creation is the name of the game, and how to understand, claim, and articulate the value of what you have to offer.
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- Why the common advice women are given is troubling.
- The intent behind the advice of charging what we’re worth.
- Why your worth is infinite and nothing changes that.
- How to understand, claim, and articulate the value of your offers.
- The difference between charging what we’re worth and charging what our value is.
- How this distinction makes all the difference as you build your seven-figure business.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter.
- Connect with me on LinkedIn.
- Learn how to nail your niche, clarify your message, and scale your business in the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator!
- Learn how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Power + Presence + Position? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe, and leave a review to enter your name into this month's drawing!