US Launches: Right Size, Right Time, Right Place, and the Importance of Execution in Ensuring an Effective Launch with Trevor Landry, Senior Vice President - Commercial Lead at Syneos Health
Manage episode 336595965 series 3354496
By Bozidar Jovicevic. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
In this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, Bozidar is joined by Trevor Landry, Senior Vice President - Commercial Lead at Syneos Health. They discuss the successful launches behind Ozempic and Rybelsus, why companies should set up omnichannel promotional efforts for their pharma products, and the importance of engaging digitally with your customers.
👉 [ 00:07:03 ] The biggest change between launching new products five years ago and today is the need to look at something bigger and broader than the traditional way. COVID has accelerated what pharma companies need to consider when launching into a marketplace
👉 [ 00:07:33 ] Pharma Marketplace is no longer dominated by big pharma; hence, small or mid-size companies can have a foot in the door and have a say in a successful launch
👉 [ 00:10:40 ] To have a successful launch, you need to have these various omnichannel promotional efforts with a clear and specific message of what your company seeks to achieve
👉 [ 00:11:00 ] When you talk about launch secrets, consider the following:
- Do you know your clients?
- Do you know who you're targeting?
- Do you have a very clear message on efficacy?
- Have you defined efficacy for the patients and the providers?
👉 [ 00:11:10 ] To maximize your reach, frequency, and engagement with your customers, you need to have a clear message on efficacy for the patients and the providers, or else the market may define it for you
👉 [ 00:14:20 ] Using digital assets and the face-to-face healthcare provider experience are effective ways to get the word out there. However, human-to-human interaction is still the most powerful of the two, having a Rep in front of a Physician with a message and possibly a sample
👉 [ 00:23:44 ] In recent times, content can be tailored to whatever digital follow-up format without losing the central theme of the brand. This can then be targeted and tailored directly to the needs and wants of the audience receiving it
👉 [ 00:28:40 ] A small to a mid-size agency can help successfully launch a commercial asset from start to finish, from:
- Brand development
- The marketing campaign, deployment,
- What are the best deployment decisions that you need to make, factors that you should look at when making a deployment decision on size and structure
👉 [ 00:29:24 ] From a one-year budget planning cycle, you need to provide answers to the following questions:
- Does market access have you blocked out in various geographies across the country?
- Do you expect that to change based on those answers?
- Are you properly invested, neither too big or too small, in those markets to gain the most access and returns on your investments?
If you want to learn more about leading a successful pharma marketing campaign in the US, tune in to this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, a Podcast by Evermed.
- Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3PUds6T
- Apple: https://apple.co/3micGmF
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3M78XCC
- RSS: https://bit.ly/3wTksIm
And connect with Trevor here:
About The Show:
“Pharma Launch Secrets” is a podcast by Evermed and hosted by Bozidar Jovicevic, where we host direct, actionable conversations with world-leading pharma launch experts and help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies to help you launch your product successfully.
Previous guests include: Trevor Landry of Syneos Health, Indraneel Mukherjee of ZS Associates, Meg Heim of Heim Global Consulting, Scott Snyder of EVERSANA, Andrew Willmer of Symbiotix, Bharti Rai of CVS, Brendan Gallagher of Publicis Health and Matthew Goodman of LUCENT Biopharma.
Check out our three most downloaded episodes:
Check out our three most downloaded episodes:
- US Launches: Right Size, Right Time, Right Place, and the Importance of Execution in Ensuring an Effective Launch with Trevor Landry, Senior Vice President - Commercial Lead at Syneos Health
- The Death of “Blockbuster” Products: Micro Launches and a Data-driven Approach to Marketing with Indraneel Mukherjee, Associate Partner at ZS Associates
- Medical Affairs and Pharma Launches: Strategies, Budgeting and Planning with Meg Heim of Heim Global Consulting
Pharma Launch Secrets is handcrafted by our friends over at: fame.so