282 Why Vulnerability Matters in Leadership and How to Do it Well with Jacob Morgan | Partnering Leadership Global Thought Leader
Manage episode 377973561 series 2809228
Get ready to climb the mountain of vulnerability in leadership. In this engaging discussion with Jacob Morgan, author of Leading with Vulnerability: Unlock Your Greatest Superpower to Transform Yourself, Your Team, and Your Organization, you’ll learn why vulnerability plus leadership can transform organizations. In the conversation, Jacob Morgan shares his personal journey of grappling with vulnerability, from a childhood with a “tough guy” father to panic attacks while writing this transformative book. His research includes interviews with 100 CEOs and a survey of 14,000 employees worldwide. Hear Jacob Morgan’s insights on the ROI of leading with vulnerability, how to “level the playing field” between leaders and employees, and practical ways to get started on your vulnerability journey. You’ll be convinced that, with intention and when done well, vulnerability in leadership is a superpower.
Some Actionable Takeaways:
- Learn the key distinction between vulnerability and leading with vulnerability.
- Hear why self-awareness is crucial for leading with vulnerability and how to become a more self-aware leader.
- Find out how leading with vulnerability can help you overcome imposter syndrome.
- Understand Jacob Morgan's metaphor of the "vulnerability mountain" and how to start small and build up to transform yourself and your organization.
- Learn why leading with vulnerability can "level the playing field" between leaders and employees.
- Understand the "Pratfall Effect" and its role in vulnerability in leadership.
Connect with Jacob Morgan
Connect with Mahan Tavakoli: