Manage episode 330797381 series 2877739
Chetana Parmar, Advanced Yoga & Meditation Teacher, has over 20 years of experience in sustainability and environmental issues and also offers guided meditation sessions to organizations. Chetana is a Meditation Instructor, Climate Activist, and Sustainability Consultant. In this week’s episode, she talks about some of the benefits of taking a pause throughout your day and how you can instill good meditation practices in your teens.
- What are some of the benefits of meditation?
- It’s all about taking small moments out of your day to be conscious of your wellbeing and your space. You can start by taking small breaths at the stop light!
- What do the impacts of focusing on your breath have on the brain?
- Wouldn’t it be great if teachers took a moment to help students breath and help them reset for the next day?
- How do you get started on a meditation practice? Do you need a teacher?
- A good gentle reminder is to try to take a deep breath in every time you walk through a doorway.
- Tim Ferris, a well-known entrepreneur, found that 80%+ of his podcast interviewees all had a mindfulness practice.
- Teens model what their parents do. If you have a good practice, they’ll follow suit.
- You don’t need to dedicate massive amounts of time to this. If you have a hectic day, find 2 seconds to take a breath in and a breath out.
Sponsored by Youth Leadership Lessons: https://varsityleadership.com/
“Notice your breath. How does it feel when you take a deep breath in?”
“Throughout the day, just focus on your breath 2-3 times.”
“You can meditate anywhere. Just notice your breath. There are so many ways you can bring your presentness into being.”